How to connect your printer to a wireless network using W-Fi Protected Setup (WPS)?
- A wireless 802.11/b/g/n network which has WPS wireless router or access point.
- The computer and the printer should be connected to the same router.
In case you have a WPS router with a WPS push button, follow the Push Button. If not, follow the PIN method.
How to use the Push Button Configuration (PBC) method?
- Users will have to press and hold the Wireless icon button for a couple of minutes for the printer to enter WPS mode. The Wireless light now starts blinking.
- Now, press the Wi-FI Protected Setup (WPS) button on your router.
How to use the PIN method?
- Users can print the print configuration page by clicking the Wireless and Information button at the same time. In the print configuration page, locate the WPS pin. The pin is printed at the top of the configuration page.
- Press and hold the Wireless icon button for a couple of minutes for the printer to enter WPS mode. The Wireless light now starts blinking.
- Now, open the configuration utility or software for the wireless router you are using and then enter the WPS pin.